Grow West is working to improve both the visible and working landscapes in the project area and bring the following environmental benefits:
- Improved stability of land through the reduction in noxious weeds, rabbits, water contaminants, salinity, erosion and sedimentation
- Increased habitat for native flora and fauna
- Enhancement and protection of existing biodiversity
- Increased linkages between areas of native vegetation
- Improved condition of the waterways
- Advice on best practice management
The Grow West Team has been running events, field days and training packages in conjunction with partners such as councils and Melbourne Water to help inform landowners of the beenfits of being involved in our programs.
For more information contact the the Environmental Projects Coordinator on 03 9971 6502.